5. Behaviorally Targeted Emails Keep User Engagement Mint-y Fresh – Our look at how Mint.com keeps their emails engaging and helpful for users by incorporating behavioral targeting and triggered emails.
4. Why you shouldn’t fear the unsubscribe (if you maintain the health of your list!) – Kevin Deseuste explained how to avoid unnecessary unsubscribes and why you should stop worrying about unsubs if you are maintaining your email list’s health.
3. Hitting a Homerun in Email Advertising – With both San Francisco and New York making it to the post-season, our office was hoping for a good interoffice World Series, but it just wasn’t to be. Still this was one of our most viewed posts of the year.
2. What a Five Year Old Could Teach Us About Email Ads – Sometimes the best approach to marketing is one that recalls simple lessons from childhood: respect others, be honest and clear, and stay creative.
1. A Checklist for Monetizing Your Email List the Right Way – For many companies who are just beginning to look into monetizing their email list, there are a lot of questions about how subscribers will respond. We believe it’s important to respect subscribers and to add value to your email program, so we put together a list of questions to ask when you’re considering monetizing your email list. That checklist was our most viewed post of the year and the inspiration for our recent whitepaper.
Thanks to all of our readers for a great year! We look forward to sharing more information, tips, and content about email advertising in 2013. If you have specific topics you’d like to see covered, drop us a line in the comments.
Photo courtesy of ideagirl.